Bodybuilding Diet Tips - Get Ripped in No Time
The most essential part of any bodybuilding regimen is to prepare a good diet plan that will help you achieve your target easily and quickly, whether it is to gain or lose weight. Mentioned below are a few easy to use tips that will help you achieve your goal.
- Rather than eating three big meals in a day, ensure that you spread your daily intake over 5-6 small meals, each at an interval of 2-3 hours. Doing this will ensure that your muscles are fed constantly, there isn't too much pressure on the digestion system and the craving to gobble up more is minimized.
- Watch your protein intake. Ideally you should consume 1 gram of protein for every pound of your body weight in a day and should spread it evenly over the 5 or 6 meals. Three of those, including the one post-workout meal should be a protein shake while the other three should consist of chicken, turkey, eggs and fish.
- Watch your carbohydrates intake. The carbohydrate intake should ideally be 0.6 to 0.8 grams per pound of body weight and should be spread over 3 meals during the day. The carbohydrates suitable for a weight loss diet should consist of brown rice, oatmeal etc while potatoes can be added in plenty for those looking to put on some weight.
- Vegetables are a good source of fibrous carbs that help in controlling appetite, increase protein absorption and also keeps the system clean. Vegetables, especially green ones can be had in plenty at any meal except the post-workout meal, where you would want to stick to just proteins and carbohydrates.
- Do not overlook the importance of fats as these are essential for the proper functioning of the body and even help in fat loss. A deficiency of essential fats in the body can seriously harm the process of muscle gain. 2 tablespoon of oil with any meal during the day should be enough.
- Try to drink enough water to keep your body properly hydrated as it is extremely vital for muscle growth as well as fat loss. Water also helps one keep full and thus helps to control appetite and lose weight. Drink atleast 2 liters of water each day.
- And last but not the least, do not stick to a particular diet and keep making slight changes from time to time so that your body does not get used to it. For example, you can increase your carbohydrates intake for a few days.