The Great Khali
Originating from India, The Great Khali a.k.a Dalip Singh Rana is a mammoth 7 foot 3 inches tall and weighs a massive 420 pounds.
Khali hails from a backward village of India in the state of Himachal Pradesh. He was born in an underprivileged family and is the eldest of 7 siblings. A Hindu who belongs to one of the backward classes, He has a younger brother whose name is Ajit Singh. Khali has got his enormous built from his grandfather who was 8 feet tall. His early days in life were full of struggle when he used to work as a labourer until one day Punjab Police DSP Bhullar noticed him and brought him to the Punjab Police Department. That day changed his life forever as he never looked back after that.
Interesting facts about The Great Khali:
- Real Name: Dalip Singh Rana
- Height: 7'3"
- Weight: 420 lbs.
- Date of Birth: 27th August, 1972
- Place of Birth: Himachal Pradesh, India
- Career Highlight: WWE World Heavyweight Champion
- Associate: Ranjin Singh
- Pro Debut: 7th October, 2000
- WWE Debut: April 2006
- Trained at: APW Boot Camp
- Finishing Move: Khali Bomb
One of the biggest wrestlers that the WWE has ever had, The Great Khali is a force to be reckoned with and a danger to every athlete in the locker room. In his few years in the WWE, he has already captured a World Heavyweight Championship title.
In 2008, Khali featured in a Hollywood movie named Get Smart which was based on a 1960s classic TV show. His tryst with Hollywood also includes a role in 2005's The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler, Chris Rock and Burt Reynolds.
The Great Khali Personal LifeThe personal life of the great Khali is full of poverty, uphill struggle, fortune, grit and glorious triumphs. Khali's real name is Dalip Singh Rana. Having born and brought up in an extremely poor family, he has now turned his own fate to a millionaire status. Physically he looks like a walking giant. The name of his tiny village in the mountainous state of Himachal Pradesh in India is Dhirana, which is a beautiful region surrounded by mountains and is amongst the most stunning hill stations of India. Contrary to popular belief that he is a Sikh, Dalip Singh is a Rajput Hindu by religion. He is a stern supporter of religious leader Ashutosh Maharaj and regularly visits him for his blessings. Apart from that, he does regular prayer and takes part in different religious ceremonies thought-out that year. He is married to Harminder Kaur.
Conversely to his monstrous look in the wrestling arena, in his personal life Khali is a very gentle hearted person with sincerity and compassion for his fans. Khali frequently visits his village and helps underprivileged people. He has also made a number of free hospitals and schools for the poor. He also visits various gyms and fitness centres in the city and motivates the youth to excel in life.
He is always flocked by fans who want his autograph but he never denies anyone and listens to them patiently. He is a strong believer of non-violence and never ever any undue advantage of his huge built in real life. Bodybuildinginindia.com wishes The Great Khali a long and successful life in the world of wrestling.
Quick facts about The Great Khali
- In his first tag match along with Giant Silva at the Tokyo Dome on 8th October 2001, Khali won a 4 on 2 handicap match.
- After debuting in WWE on 7th April 2006, Khali took down the Undertaker and left the world stunned.
- Khali again fought and defeated the Undertaker at the Judgement Day wrestling event in 2006.
- Khali along with manager Daiviri were shifted to ECW in October 2006 but were soon drafted back to RAW on 8th January 2007.
- The Great Khali defeated the Big Red Machine Kane at Wrestlemania 23.
- Khali was moved to Smackdown on 11th June 2007.
- The Great Khali became the World Heavyweight Championship after winning the 20-man Battle Royal on 17th July 2007.
- Khali successfully defended his World Heavyweight Championship title at the Great American Bash in 2007 after defeating Kane and Batista.